Lumineers are dental appliances that are used to improve the appearance of the teeth, making them look radiant and neat. They will provide you with a radiant smile and change the overall dull appearance of the teeth. It takes a specialized dentist with hands-on experience to provide patients with this service.
What are the advantages of Lumineers?
Lumineers are the solution for an amazing smile. They are designed to appear as thin porcelain coverings for teeth. They do not require extraction of any natural teeth and can be placed just above them leaving teeth beneath them intact.
They can, in fact, be life-changing. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Lumineers can be removed without disrupting the existing teeth.
- They offer amazing durability, ensuring that they can be worn for years.
- Lumineers are resistant to wear and tear allowing patients to not compromise on their favorite food or activities.
- Their translucent appearance will provide patients a positive impact on their confidence.
What is the procedure that involves getting a lumineer?
Lumineers are porcelain or plastic shells that are permanently bonded to the front of your existing teeth to enhance their color, shape, and also close excessive gaps between them. They are just as strong as your real teeth and will feel just as if they were your own.
A typical procedure that involves obtaining these appliances will involve two visits to your dentist.
During the first visit, your dentist will take an impression of the teeth with the help of diagnostic tools. These images will then be studied and sent to the laboratory where the lumineers will be designed.
During the second visit, we will place the appliance over your existing teeth. It will be bonded onto the teeth with the help of adhesives. Towards the end, your dentist will ensure that wearing them isn’t affecting your bite.
Why choose Lumineers?
It is recommended that patients with broken or crooked teeth must resort to Lumineers. Here are several reasons why Lumineers are considered as great dental restorative appliances.
- Removes unwanted or uneven spaces between the teeth. The gaps between teeth may result in an awkward smile.
- Resolves any irregularity in the shape of teeth which have been damaged due to injury.
- Enhances teeth that are discolored or stained.
- Patients who are likely to get crowns or bridges are recommended to wear Lumineers.
Request an appointment with Dr. An at San Francisco, CA, for further assistance with dental lumineers, today!